Octreotide is an injectable medication for patients in whom initial treatment with the immediate-release injection has been shown to be effective and tolerated for:
- Long-term maintenance therapy in acromegalic patients who have had inadequate response to surgery and/or radiotherapy or for whom surgery and/or radiotherapy is not an option (the goal of treatment in acromegaly is to reduce GH and IGF-1 levels to normal)
- Long-term treatment of the severe diarrhea and flushing episodes associated with metastatic carcinoid tumors
- Long-term treatment of the profuse watery diarrhea associated with VIP-secreting tumors
Note: Please speak with your healthcare provider for more information if you think this therapy might be right for you.
How do I make a referral or transition my treatment to Infusion Associates?
3. One of our intake specialists will contact your healthcare provider to confirm receipt of your referral.
4. We will then verify benefits, obtain any required prior authorizations, and contact you to schedule an appointment.