Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Infusion
Department: Grand Rapids and Grandville, MI Clinical Sites
*This position will be responsible for two shifts a week in Grand Rapids and two shifts a week in Grandville, MI.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Practice Manager
Infusion Associates is a multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
The RN is responsible for initiating and maintaining intravenous lines and tubing, administering medication and fluid therapy. They provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective care environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights, and physical safety of each patient.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Establishes IV access for infusion patients, including port access and de-access, PICC line use and care.
- Administers intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Administers medication through IV and monitors patient throughout the infusion, accurately documents all nursing care in the EMR.
- Provides comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients. Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
- Gain a knowledge of the medications that are administered at IA and the process of delivery. Actively participate in education about new medication and updates to the current formulary.
- Initiates and provides emergency care services as appropriate in life-threatening situations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Education: Graduate of accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- At least one year of nursing experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate and build relationships with patients, families, staff, providers, and community health team.
Physical & Mental Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
Infusion Associates grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Melissa Johnson, HR Department, 616-954-0600.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Rapids, MI 49525: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Infusion: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience administering injections: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)