Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Practice Manager
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Infusion Associates is a multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
The Pharmacy Technician’s primary responsibility is in the preparation and dispensing of infusion drugs and ancillary supplies. The technician is also responsible for assisting with inventory management and maintaining compliance with rules and regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Requesting new orders from referring offices when necessary by phone and/or fax.
- Reviewing orders, regimens and verifying that all necessary requirements are met prior to patient appointment date.
- Preparation of upcoming patient labs when required.
- Coordination of Specialty Pharmacy/Free Drug Programs and medication delivery.
- Retrieving the appropriate medication from inventory.
- Prepares intravenous (IV) admixtures or other sterile products accurately and following sterility guidelines.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations.
- Stock and maintain medications. Notify Pharmacist when supplies/products need to be ordered.
- Completing paperwork related to filling prescriptions and receiving drug orders.
- Assists clinical staff when necessary.
- Adheres to infection-control procedures, policies and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all local, State, Federal laws and statutes which are directly applicable to the company.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment and reports any potential or actual equipment failures.
- Follows established policies, procedures, protocols, directives and pharmacy operation standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- State of Michigan Pharmacy Technician license or similar license/registration/certification
- Previous experience in pharmacy, infusion experience preferred but not required.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Strong attention to detail is essential in this role.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the IA HR Department at 616-954-0600.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (Preferred)
- PTCB Certification (Preferred)