Job Title: Payroll Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Controller
Infusion Associates is a multi-site, outpatient infusion center founded in 2001 with goals to provide high quality, cost effective, alternative sites of care for medically prescribed intravenous infusion therapy. We are our patient’s trusted partner and friend. Our goal is to be the standard of care they want and need. We believe that the environment we create is just as important as the type of medication our patients receive. Our promise is this: once you come through our doors, you are family.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for day-to-day functions in the areas of payroll and benefits.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform, execute, and review multi-state payroll processing activities for hourly and salary employees using a third-party payroll system.
- Process biweekly payrolls and periodic off cycle payrolls.
- Manages time and attendance system and related system policies. May train employees and leaders on system usage.
- Provide research and support for payroll related inquiries to ensure a timely response.
- Resolve payroll issues by collecting, analyzing information, and following through with resolution.
- Processes Friend of the Court orders, garnishments, and wage/employment verifications.
- Supports the maintenance of employee benefits, including reconciling vendor documents, and compliance reporting.
- Perform and support the employee expense reimbursement process.
- Reconcile corporate credit card accounts.
- Works closely with Human Resources across onboarding, benefits maintenance, payroll, time and attendance, leave management and other areas.
- Communicates with various payroll service software representatives to investigate issues, improve processes, opportunities for automation and metrics and reporting.
- Assists with other accounting initiatives and processes, including month end reporting, account reconciliation, budgets, financial analytics, and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years’ experience processing payroll required.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multi-state payroll experience preferred.
- Experience in state and local tax withholding requirements including multi-state reciprocity preferred.
- · Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills when communicating with employees and other team members.
- Proficient in payroll systems, payroll processes, payroll laws, compliance, and tax reporting. Experience using Paychex Flex a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- The ability to communicate promptly, clearly and effectively with employees, other departments at the Company; the ability to correspond with outside parties and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
Infusion Associates grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Melissa Johnson, HR Department, 616-954-0600.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Rapids, MI 49525: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate’s (Required)
- Payroll: 2 years (Required)
- Multi-state payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll Systems: 2 years (Required)