Job Title: Patient Services Intake Specialist
Department: Revenue Cycle
Location: Grand Rapids
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Patient Access Manager
Summary: We are seeking an experienced administrated professional with interest in joining a family-oriented team poised for organizational and professional growth. Responsible for many administrative functions specific to patient services including but not limited to, processing incoming referrals, verifying active insurance benefits, knowledge of prior authorization requirements, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and various other intake responsibilities specific to the centralized intake team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as first point of contact in the centralized call center for those that contact Infusion Associates. Answers phones and communicates in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accurately reviews the received referral documents and inputs patient information, obtain, and verify insurance, and processes referral with high attention to detail.
- Accurately review completed referral, scheduling initial appointments and/or future patient appointments according to customized treatment plan while providing the patient with detailed information specific to the appointment.
- Informs and enrolls patient in any copay assistance program or foundation assistance if applicable.
- Prioritize daily tasks, working efficiently and effectively in performing the various daily tasks.
- Accurately review and sort incoming referrals.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and accurately.
- Running and following up on weekly reports specific to the Patient Services Intake team.
- Works closely with the patient access and billing team.
- Maintains awareness of prior authorization expiration dates and current orders, requesting referrals as well as follow up when needed.
- Maintain a positive and welcoming demeanor.
- Cross training with front desk registration processes to serve as a resource when needed at the West Michigan locations.
- Ensures HIPAA compliance, always ensuring the patient’s right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
- Understand and apply applicable office policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with patient service teams and actively participates in daily huddles.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1-year experience in healthcare patient intake.
- Knowledge and experience working with prior authorizations.
- Have a working knowledge of current programs implemented at Infusion Associates. Allscripts, ONCO, PayerPath preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of clinical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels within the organization.
- Time management skills necessary to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)