Job Title: Patient Care Coordinator
Department: Patient Access
FLSA Status: Full Time-Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Patient Access Manager
Position Summary: The Patient Care Coordinator serves as a liaison between patients, colleagues, referral sources, and other healthcare professionals to facilitate a smooth referral process.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as patient advocate to ensure a smooth and timely referral process.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to provide continued team awareness pertaining to referral status.
- Gather information and capture data as required in various systems.
- Coordinate with all referral process stakeholders to ensure receipt of complete and accurate information required to process and effectively communicate expectations about the referral process with patients and providers.
- Identify barriers and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to resolve delays in the order.
- Respond to provider and patient needs in a professional and creative manner.
- Actively participates in daily team huddles.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Travel as needed with occasional overnight travel.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Formal post-secondary education preferred.
- 2+ years experience working in healthcare setting
- Knowledge of medical referral process, prior authorization, and insurance benefits
- Proven track record as team collaborator while managing multiple priorities for timely outcomes.
- Proven track record of customer service experience in managing complicated situations and conversations.
- Demonstration of improvement orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of infusion drugs a plus
- Excellent typing skills.
- Strong attention to detail is essential in this role.
- Highly organized.
- Highly empathetic
- Adaptive to change
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve outcomes
- Exercises sound, professional judgment
- Strong customer service focus
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Mental Requirement – Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or interruptions.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including patients/colleagues/provider offices.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to perform under stress.
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
Job descriptions are subject to change to meet organizational requirements. The employer has the right to change job descriptions as necessary.
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Department at 616-954-0600.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Rapids, MI 49525: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: In person