Job Title: Patient Access Specialist
Department: Revenue Cycle
Location: Toledo, OH
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Patient Access Manager
Infusion Associates is private equity backed, multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
We are seeking an experienced administrated professional with interest in joining a family-oriented team poised for organizational and professional growth. Responsible for many administrative functions specific to patient services including but not limited to, checking patients in for appointments, verifying insurance, patient scheduling, and various other front desk responsibilities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Serves as first point of contact for patient appointment check in. Greet patients in a professional and courteous manner.
· Accurately documents and updates patient information. Providing intake forms when appropriate, obtaining and verifying insurance, taking patient picture, processing payment, and obtaining any pertinent necessary data.
· Enrolls patient in any copay assistance program or foundation assistance if applicable.
· Accurately schedules future patient appointments according to customized treatment plan.
· Prioritize daily tasks, working efficiently and effectively in performing the various daily tasks.
· Processing payments including credit card transactions correctly and sending daily receivables to finance team.
· Running and following up on weekly reports specific to scheduling and active insurance.
· Works closely with the patient access and billing team.
· Maintains awareness of prior authorization expiration dates and current orders, requesting referrals when needed.
· Follows up on patient’s cancelled and missed appointments, contacts patients to reschedule.
· Ensures HIPAA compliance, always ensuring the patient’s right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
· Understand and apply applicable office policies and procedures.
· Works collaboratively with patient service teams and actively participates in daily huddles.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· High School Diploma
· Minimum 1-year experience in healthcare patient intake.
· Knowledge and experience working with prior authorizations.
· Have a working knowledge of current computer and the programs implemented at Infusion Associates. Allscripts, ONCO, PayerPath preferred.
· Have a working knowledge of clinical terminology.
· Ability to communicate effectively with various levels within the organization.
· Time management skills necessary to multi-task in a busy environment.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Standing (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Walking (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
· Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
· Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team!‘
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Lansing, MI 48823: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location