Job Title: Registered Nurse (Infusion Nurse)
Department: Grand Haven, MI
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Clinical Nurse Lead
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for initiating and maintaining intravenous lines and tubing, administering medication and fluid therapy. They provide a safe, efficient and therapeutically effective care environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each patient.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive nursing assessment.
- Establishes IV access for infusion patients, including port access and deaccess, PICC line use and care.
- Administers intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Administers medication through IV and monitors patient throughout the infusion, accurately documents all nursing care in the EMR .
- Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times.
- Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
- Gain a knowledge of the medications that are administered at IA and the process of delivery. Actively participate in education about new medication and updates to the current formulary.
- Initiates and provides emergency care services as appropriate in life-threatening situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Graduate of accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- EMR Experience.
- 2 years of nursing experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of protocol, procedures, and standards within the area of infusion expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills in order to collaborate with patients, families, staff, providers, and community health team
- Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft 365.
Physical & Mental Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
- Mental Requirement – Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or interruptions.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including patients/colleagues.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team!
Job Type: Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Nursing: 2 years (Required)
- EMR systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- Infusion: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person