Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Manager Title: VP of Operations
Position Summary: The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for diagnosing, treating, and managing patients in a Rheumatology practice while also providing direct care and oversight to a wide variety of patients in an outpatient infusion setting working with a collaborating physician. Expected to provide leadership and guidance to the healthcare team. Also responsible for participating on a research team as a sub-investigator .
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times.
· Conduct thorough patient assessments, including medical history, physical exam and testing.
· Formulate accurate diagnosis and treatment plan working with collaborating physician.
· Prescribes medications, therapies, and treatment regimens.
· Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification)
· Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
· Accountable for assessing if patients are appropriate for infusion therapy and for treating any infusion reactions.
· Assesses data and lab results on each patient, discriminating between normal and abnormal findings and following up as needed.
· Answers patient questions regarding therapies and side effects in person and over the phone.
· Collaborates with referring physicians in developing an individualized plan of care for patients when needed.
· Maintains accurate medical records and completes in a timely manner.
· Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring environment for patients.
· Provides leadership to the health care team and is willing to assist them as needed.
· Provides educational materials and follow-up visit instructions to patients as indicated.
· Designs, develops, and implements education programs to supplement practice and community-based needs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
· At least 3 years of experience as Nurse Practitioner. Advanced nursing skills within area of specialty.
· Certification/Licensure: State of Michigan Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of protocol, procedures, and standards within the area of infusion expertise.
· Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
· Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft 365
· EMR Experience (at least 1 year preferred)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, physical limitations, class, or religious perspectives.
INFUSION ASSOCIATES CORE VALUES:
Our brand identity was built to mirror our team’s compassion for our patients, and these guidelines were designed with our core beliefs in mind:
- Creating a family-focused work environment
- Putting patient safety first
- Crafting exceptional experiences for everyone we interact with
- Open communication
- Cultivating innovative mindsets
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team!
*Job descriptions are subject to change to meet organizational requirements. The employer has the right to change job descriptions as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person