Job Title: Nurse Practitioner (Resource)
Department: Grand Rapids and Grandville Clinical Sites
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Per Diem
Manager Title: Practice Manager
Position Summary: The Nurse Practitioner (Resource) is responsible for providing direct care and oversight to a wide variety of patients in an outpatient infusion setting. Expected to provide leadership and guidance to the healthcare team. Also responsible for participating on a research team as a sub-investigator as well as seeing individual patients who require preoperative exams.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times.
- Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification)
- Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
- Accountable for assessing if patients are appropriate for infusion therapy and for treating any infusion reactions.
- Performs routine or annual history and physical examinations as needed for specific patient populations, research protocols, and preoperative exams.
- Collaborates with pharmacist in choosing appropriate antibiotic therapy and dosing when requested.
- Collaborates with pharmacist in reviewing all orders from referring physicians for appropriateness
- Determines medical diagnosis and initiates appropriate action to facilitate treatment.
- Assesses data and lab results on each patient, discriminating between normal and abnormal findings and following up as needed.
- Answers patient questions regarding therapies and side effects in person and over the phone.
- Collaborates with referring physicians in developing an individualized plan of care for patients when needed.
- Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring environment for patients.
- Provides leadership to the health care team and is willing to assist them as needed.
- Provides educational materials and follow-up visit instructions to patients as indicated.
- Designs, develops, and implements education programs to supplement practice and community-based needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- At least 3 years of experience as Nurse Practitioner. Advanced nursing skills within area of specialty.
- Certification/Licensure: State of Michigan Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of protocol, procedures, and standards within the area of infusion expertise.
- Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
- Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft 365
- EMR Experience (at least 1 year preferred)