Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Department: Milwaukee, WI Clinical Site
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Manager Title: Director of Operations
Infusion Associates is multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing direct care and oversight to a wide variety of patients in an outpatient infusion setting. Expected to provide leadership and guidance to the healthcare team. Also responsible for participating on a research team as a sub-investigator as well as seeing individual patients who require preoperative exams.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times.
· Complies with necessary regulatory standards and licensure requirements mandated by Federal and State Agencies (i.e. HIPAA, OSHA, and CPR certification)
· Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
· Accountable for assessing if patients are appropriate for infusion therapy and for treating any infusion reactions.
· Performs routine or annual history and physical examinations as needed for specific patient populations, research protocols, and preoperative exams.
· Collaborates with pharmacist in choosing appropriate antibiotic therapy and dosing when requested.
· Collaborates with pharmacist in reviewing all orders from referring physicians for appropriateness
· Determines medical diagnosis and initiates appropriate action to facilitate treatment.
· Assesses data and lab results on each patient, discriminating between normal and abnormal findings and following up as needed.
· Answers patient questions regarding therapies and side effects in person and over the phone.
· Collaborates with referring physicians in developing an individualized plan of care for patients when needed.
· Provides leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring environment for patients.
· Provides leadership to the health care team and is willing to assist them as needed.
· Provides educational materials and follow-up visit instructions to patients as indicated.
· Designs, develops, and implements education programs to supplement practice and community-based needs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
· At least 3 years of experience as Nurse Practitioner. Advanced nursing skills within area of specialty.
· Certification/Licensure: State of Wisconsin Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of protocol, procedures, and standards within the area of infusion expertise.
· Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
· Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft 365
· EMR Experience (at least 1 year preferred)
Physical/Environmental/ Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
· Mental Requirement – Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
· Mental Requirement – Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or interruptions.
· Mental Requirement – Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients.
· Mental Requirement – Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Mental Requirement – Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations.
· Mental Requirement – Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
· Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
· Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
· Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
· Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
· Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
· Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
· Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
· Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team!
Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Infusion Associates HR Department, 616-954-0600.
Job Type: Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milwaukee, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nurse Practitioner: 3 years (Required)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person