Job Title: Medical Billing Specialist
Department: Revenue Cycle
Location: Greenfield, WI or Hybrid Remote
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Director of Revenue Cycle
Position Summary: Performs day to day billing and follow-up activities to support to support the Revenue Cycle process and to ensure reimbursement for services in a timely and accurate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reviews charges and submits claims daily to payers
2. Works electronic claim rejections
3. Maintains accounts receivable by working denials and rejections in a timely manner to maintain department goals
4. Submits medical record documentation to payers as needed for claim processing
5. Submit necessary claim appeals to payers, adhering to the appeals process of the insurance company.
6. Reviews all insurance credits and submit refund check or overpayment requests as needed
7. Maintains current knowledge of payer contracts, policies, and requirements
8. Identify and communicate any denial, rejection or payment trends or issues in daily huddle
9. Answers patient inquiries regarding status of accounts and documents conversations in the appropriate areas of the patient’s record
10. Resource to team members and other departments related to insurance billing
11. Actively participates in daily team huddles
12. Other duties and projects as assigned
1. 3-5 years related multi-site, multi- state Revenue Cycle experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams and SharePoint.
4. Ability to work efficiency and effectively under tight deadlines and high work volume
5. Knowledge of infusion drugs a plus
6. Experience with Allscripts PM and OncoEMR a plus.
7. Knowledge of medical billing and coding.
8. Excellent problem-solving skills.
9. Good analytical, accounting, and mathematical skills.
10. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
11. Proficient typing skills.
12. Strong attention to detail is essential in this role.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team! Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Infusion Associates HR Department at 616-954-0600.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Hybrid remote
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Infusion Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Revenue Cycle: 3 years (Preferred)