Job Title: Medical Assistant
Location: Traverse City
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Practice Manager
About Us: Infusion Associates is a multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
Summary: To assist all nurse practitioners and nurses and provide excellent patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate patient virtual visits.
- Oversee and ensure efficient turnover of exam rooms/chairs.
- Maintain exam rooms in a neat and clean manner at all times.
- Comply with patient needs at all times.
- Escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Prep Charts with labs, X-rays, progress notes, etc.
- Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for Physicians’ use.
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Alert Physicians of patients’ allergies prior to beginning exams.
- Assist Physicians with injections, aspirations, castings and/or other procedures as necessary.
- Monitor supply levels, and replace as needed.
- Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Medical Office Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Vital Signs Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR Systems: 1 year (Required)
- Rheumatology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Infusion Therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
Work Location: In person