Job Title: Medical Assistant
Department: Plymouth, MN Clinical
Location: Plymouth, MN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Clinical Nurse Lead
Infusion Associates is multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
Summary: The medical assistant aids providers, nurses and patients by conducting administrative and patient care activities to keep the facility running smoothly.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times.
- Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
- Ensures efficient turnover of exam rooms and infusion chairs.
- Ensures exam rooms and infusion chairs are neat and clean.
- Escorts patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Prepares patients for examination, takes vitals, and records patients’ health history.
- Ensures patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for provider use.
- Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
- Obtain intravenous access on a patient and removal of intravenous access on a patient.
- Gain a knowledge of the medications that are administered at IA and the process of delivery.
- Stocking medical supplies and linens
- Perform pre-op duties I.E vitals, EKG, lab draw, etc
- Maintains track of and orders medical and office supplies
- SQ Injections
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required; completion of an accredited medical assistance certification program preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Firm grasp on medical practices, administrative processes, and organizational policies
- Knowledge of patient care and examination procedures.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work efficiency and effectively under tight deadlines and high work volume.
- Knowledge of infusion drugs a plus.
Physical/Environmental/ Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Mental Requirement – Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or interruptions.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations.
- Mental Requirement – Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
- Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
*Job descriptions are subject to change to meet organizational requirements. The employer has the right to change job descriptions as necessary.
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Department, 616-954-0600.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed