Job Title: Medical Assistant/Nursing Assistant
Location: Traverse City
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Practice Manager
About Us: At Infusion Associates, we make it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies any day of the week, at any time of the year. We are open seven days a week, 365 days a year, so that our patients can focus on living their lives, instead of worrying whether a holiday schedule may interfere with their treatments. All of our patients are closely monitored by either a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or registered nurse. We are expert listeners, and we are always there to answer their questions. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients understand how their medications and the treatment process works so it’s easy for them to fit it into their lives. We focus on open communications so that our patients feel at ease, 100% of the time.
Summary: To assist all Nurse practitioner, Nurse, and patients with needed responsibilities on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee and ensure efficient turnover of exam rooms.
- Maintain exam rooms in a neat and clean manner at all times.
- Comply with patient needs at all times.
- Escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Prep Charts with labs, X-rays, progress notes, ETC.
- Remove dressings, casts, etc., and provide patients with gowns as necessary.
- Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for Physicians’ use.
- maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information
- Alert Physicians of patients’ allergies prior to beginning exams.
- Assist Physicians with injections, aspirations, castings and/or other procedures as necessary.
- Monitor supply levels, and replace as needed.
- Instruct patients regarding information needed once they leave the office to include:
- use of braces or crutches
- medication usage
- home exercise programs
- Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join our collaborative and family-oriented team!
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time