Job Title: Medical Assistant
Department: Grand Rapids, MI Clinical Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Practice Manager
Infusion Associates is multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
The medical assistant aids providers, nurses and patients by conducting administrative and patient care activities to keep the facility running smoothly.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains a cordial, accommodating, and welcoming presence with patients at all times.
- Provides for the comfort, safety, privacy, and confidentiality of patients.
- Ensures efficient turnover of exam rooms and infusion chairs.
- Ensures exam rooms and infusion chairs are neat and clean.
- Escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Prepare patients for examination, take vitals, and record patients’ health history.
- Ensures patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for provider use.
- Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
- Obtain Intravenous access on a patient and remove of Intravenous access on a patient.
- Gain a knowledge of the medications that are administered at IA and the process of delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required; completion of an accredited medical assistance certification program preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and other external parties in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Firm grasp on medical practices, administrative processes, and organizational policies
- Knowledge of patient care and examination procedures.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work efficiency and effectively under tight deadlines and high work volume.
- Knowledge of infusion drugs a plus.
Physical & Mental Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Feeling (sensing textures and temperatures) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Fine Motor Skills (pinching, gripping, etc) (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Pushing/pulling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Stooping/crouching/kneeling/crawling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Tasting/smelling (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Airborne communicable diseases (Applicable)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Bloodborne pathogens or bodily fluid (Applicable)
Infusion Associates grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Melissa Johnson, HR Department, 616-954-0600.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Overtime pay