Job Title: Centralized Pharmacy Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Manager Title: Manager, Pharmacy Services
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Infusion Associates is a multi-specialty infusion provider group with multiple sites across the Midwestern United States and poised for rapid growth. Our sites support specialty physician services, infusion therapy, and leading-edge research on new medications for complex and rare disease states. Our service model makes it easy for patients to receive intravenous therapies 365 days a year with the support of physicians, advance practice providers, nursing, and pharmacy services. Our focus is always to provide a high-quality, low cost, exceptional patient experience at every interaction.
The Centralized Pharmacy Technician’s primary role is to assist the centralized pharmacist(s) with a wide variety of patient care and operational activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and templating new orders and labs from a central location as they are received from referring offices, and building treatment regimens within our EMR system.
- Requesting new orders or more information from referring offices when necessary by phone and/or fax.
- Coordination of Free Drug/Specialty Pharmacy Programs and medication delivery.
- Inventory management activities that may include ordering medications, performing audits/cycle counts, assessment of discrepancies, along with other inventory duties.
- Communication with patients and referring provider offices to ensure efficient and high quality patient care.
- Ensures compliance with all local, State, Federal laws and statutes which are directly applicable to the company.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment and reports any potential or actual equipment failures.
- Follows established policies, procedures, protocols, directives and pharmacy operation standards.
- Occasional coverage as mixing pharmacy technicians at various clinical sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- State of Michigan Pharmacy Technician license or similar license/registration/certification.
- Previous experience in pharmacy, infusion experience preferred but not required.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficiency with computers and navigating an EMR.
- Strong attention to detail is essential in this role.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physical Requirement – Hearing (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Sitting (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Standing (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Talking (Frequently)
- Physical Requirement – Walking (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Near Vision (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement – Color Discrimination (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement – Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Occupational Exposure/Risk Potential – Inside office environment (Applicable)
At Infusion Associates, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Infusion Associates complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the IA HR Department at 616-954-0600.
Job Type: Full-time